Home
WEATHER

Currently in Galveston
Skies:
Temperature:
Feels Like:
Wind:
Pressure:
Visibility:
Sunrise:
Sunset:
Partly Cloudy
79.2°
83.0°
SSW 0.00mph
29.95"
6.00 mi.
6:22 AM
8:22 PM
Stan Blazyk's Weather Forecast
Current Surface Map

click to enlarge
TUESDAY JUNE 27, 2017

MOSTLY CLOUDY EARLY WITH A GOOD CHANCE OF SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS, BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY AND WARM THIS AFTERNOON WITH WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS

MOSTLY CLOUDY AND MILD TONIGHT WITH A CHANCE OF THUNDERSHOWERS

PARTLY CLOUDY AND WARM TOMORROW WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS

PARTLY CLOUDY AND WARM ON THURSDAY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS

Mostly cloudy early, becoming partly cloudy and warm today with an 60% chance of showers or thunderstorm early, decreasing to a 40% chance this afternoon. Highs will be in the mid-80's. Look for easterly winds at 10-15 mph.

Mostly cloudy and mild tonight with an 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms. We should have southeast winds at 10-15 mph with gusts to 20-mph. Low temperatures will range from the upper-70's on the Island to the mid-70's inland.

Tomorrow should bring mostly cloudy skies early, becoming partly cloudy skies and warm with a 50% chance of showers or thunderstorms. Highs will be in the mid-80's. We anticipate southeast winds at 10-15 mph with gusts to 20-mph.

On Thursday, look for partly cloudy skies with a 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs will range from the mid-80's on the Island to the upper-80's inland. Expect southeast winds at 10-15 mph, with gusts to 20-mph.

SHORT-TERM OUTLOOK:Showers or thunderstorms will linger along the coast this morning, moving inland during the day. Rain chances will remain fairly high through tomorrow as an upper-level low pressure trough continues to dig south-southwest into the northern Gulf.

NATIONAL OUTLOOK:This morning, a stationary cold front extends eastward from north of Beaumont across the northern Gulf of Mexico and Florida to a couple of lows in the Atlantic off the East Coast. To the north, another stationary front extends south from a low in Canada across the western Plains to northern Oklahoma and Arkansas. Elsewhere, an active cold front also extends southwestward from the low in Canada across Montana, Idaho, northern Nevada and northern California. Finally, High pressure is seen over over southern California and over eastern Tennessee and Kentucky, while low pressure is found over Mexico.

At the Upper-Levels, we have a somewhat amplified pattern with an upper-level low over the Great Lakes and an associated low pressure trough is digging southwest from there to, East Texas and the northern Gulf of Mexico, while a high pressure ridge extends north and northwest from Mexico and Baja California all the way north to Montana and western Canada.

EXTENDED OUTLOOK:

Weak upper-level low pressure will persist over the Gulf of Mexico northward to the Great Lakes. This, along with ample low level moisture and daytime heating, should combine to produce periods of showers and thunderstorms over parts of Texas through Thursday, with drier and sunnier conditions returning by Friday and the weekend as high pressure builds back in over the area.

TROPICAL OUTLOOK:

A tropical wave coming off the African coast is being given a 20% chance for development over the coming 5-days. Otherwise, tropical storm development is not expected at this time.

Upper Level Map

click to enlarge
Radar Loop

click to enlarge
US Satellite Iamge

click to enlarge
Tropical Basin Satellite

click to enlarge

RESERVATIONS

Book Online here or by Phone at (800)593-8678
  • LODGING RESERVATIONS

    BOOK ONLINE confidently with
    our Low Price Guarantee!
    and receive hundreds in coupons!
    Click for details.

    Check In: 
    Check Out: 
    Adults: Children:
  • CRUISE RESERVATIONS

    START SEARCHING FOR
    YOUR CRUISE HERE
    Ship:
    Departing:
    Length:
    Departing:
  • CRUISE PARKING

    Select Your Ship

    Select Departure Date

    How Many Vehicles?
  • AIRPORT TRANSFERS

    Airport
    Trip
    Adults:
    Children:
    (under 10)
    Seniors:
    (55+)
DISQUS